NORDIC NATURE PROJECT
I write about environmental issues, nature and flyfishing.
I also plan to write about some of the last remaining great wilderness areas of Scandinavia and their conservation history:
1. Børgefjell National Park (Photo Gallery)
One of the first national parks established in Norway. Protected because of the untouched qualities of this large mountain area.
2. Sarek National Park - Padjelanta National Park - Rago National Park
These three national parks spans across a continuous alpine mountain area just above the arctic circle.
3. Pöyrisjärvi Wilderness Area - Upper Anarjohka National Park - Lemmenjoki National Park
These areas in the interior of Finnmark and northern Finland is a vast expanse of unspoiled arctic nature.
4. Upper Pasvik National Park - Vatsari Wilderness Area
In the border areas between Norway, Finland and Russia lies a great wilderness. These areas are part of a larger protected area entity called Pasvik-Inari Trilateral Park.
5. Lomsdal Visten National Park (Photo Gallery)
This newly established national park is a rugged and somewhat inaccessible coastal mountain area in the middle of Norway. A varied place with green valleys, raging rivers and barren mountaintops.